Position: Medicaid Expansion BIPOC Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Communications
Location: North Carolina
The Medicaid Expansion BIPOC Community Engagement Coordinator will work closely with Care Share Health Alliance, the NCCommunity Health Center Association, the NC Navigator Consortium and the NC Justice Center to craft Medicaid Expansion implementation efforts towards communities of color through relationship building and outreach for monthly events they will plan.
This is a part-time, contracted position which will require travel and some evenings and weekends. This position is grant funded for one year.
- Ensure we are all working together and leveraging our resources in a coordinated and collaborative way to maximize enrollment and education efforts for communities of color
- Create plans to engage people that may be harder to reach, develop an effective feedback loop tracking best practices, lessons learned, concerns and opportunities for improvement and adjustment
- Develop/maintain relationships with key partner organizations that serve historically marginalized populations, especially communities of color
- Organize and lead community outreach and enrollment events each month with the key community partner organizations to reach historically marginalized populations
- Serve as an advocate for historically marginalized populations, especially communities of color
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned
Required & Desirable Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination education and lived experience
- Experience working directly with racially, ethnically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse people and communities
- Commitment to advancing health equity and healthy communities
- Very strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Flexible, able to adjust to changing priorities
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Master’s degree in public policy, public health, public health administration or related field
- Good understanding of North Carolina Medicaid policy and eligibility requirements
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with Zoom, Microsoft Teams and/or other group platforms
Salary: $31.25 per hour (up to 80 hours per month.) Travel / lodging will be provided.
Process & Required Documents:
As an equal opportunity employer, Care Share is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment with a commitment to our values and mission. Care Share strongly encourages applicants from people of color and other diverse backgrounds.