If you’re working in health care, I’d just suggest that you take advantage of the talent at Care Share.
In addition to our grant funded work, Care Share’s expertise can help your organization achieve its goals through the consulting services including: strategic planning, meeting facilitation, program development & implementation, and evaluation.
Description: The overall purpose of the Transformation Zone is systems change that will improve outcome for children and their families. The Zone also supports local capacity to effectively implement early childhood strategies that will ensure every child comes to kindergarten ready to succeed.
Commitment: August – November 2014.
- Facilitation of a 3-year strategic plan that addresses health, childcare, literacy and family for Beaufort County stakeholders and families.
- Quote/highlight: “The overall planning process was efficient, was good for networking and we had good community participation.”
Description: Community Centered Health is a framework for health care providers to improve community determinants of health. Though it draws on concepts such as community oriented primary care and patient-centered medical homes, CCH goes a step further by asking health care providers to be actively involved in community advocacy by addressing the social, economic and physical determinants of health through policy, systems or environmental change
- Designing and facilitating the implementation of the CCH model in NC
- Providing technical assistance in collaboration building, community engagement, and clinical shift
- Strategic prioritization and implementation plan development
- Capacity building
Description: Community Food Strategies is a multi-organizational team of food systems experts that provides leadership and technical support to communities interested in food council development across North Carolina. Similar to the communities we work with; our strategically aligned partnerships leverage the unique strengths of our team. We offer a diverse skill set that includes robust community engagement, strategic planning, organizational development, adult education, academic research, systems thinking, dynamic facilitation experience, and community food systems strategy.
- Technical assistance to community stakeholders for food systems planning that includes food council development, and infrastructure support.
- Meeting facilitation
- Provide guidance, direction, recommendation and develop processes for food councils
Description: A Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) is a systematic, data-driven approach to identifying barriers and gaps in services and resources that improve the health and well-being of community residents. The CHNA process assists Cone Health in aligning its resources, programs and strategies with the priority needs of the community.
- Technical assistance to enhance the collaborative efforts of Work Groups by expanding committees to include more community partners
- Evaluate progress and updates to the Community Health Needs Assessment & Implementation Plan developed for their four Guilford County/Cone Health hospitals.
- Research and process design for system-wide initiative
- Program and strategic planning
Durham County Public Health Department
Description: Staff provided facilitation training to Durham County Public Health Department health education staff.
Commitment: Half-day training Spring 2016
- Pre-survey information gathering
- Training development and implementation
- Dissemination of best practices and resources
Description: Healthy People, Healthy Carolinas is a new initiative of The Duke Endowment that is working with local coalitions to improve health in communities throughout North and South Carolina. Healthy People, Healthy Carolinas aims to improve community health and health outcomes—focusing specifically on nutrition, physical activity and prevention of chronic disease
- Contract evaluator for their TDE-funded Healthy People Healthy Carolinas initiative.
NC Department of Insurance (NCDOI)
Kellan Moore’s contributions to the NC Department of Insurance’s (NCDOI) project were invaluable as she was a master facilitator for a difficult and tedious task. Her leadership resulted in the NCDOI staff and participants achieving the goals set forth in the project and much more. All stakeholders in the project were impressed with the professionalism and expertise of Ms. Moore and thanked NCDOI for her involvement. Thanks to Care Share Health Alliance for providing excellent expertise to the project!
Description: To create formal opportunities for key stakeholders to review, discuss, prioritize needs, and make recommendations regarding North Carolina’s standards as they relate to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Health Benefit Network Access and Adequacy Model Act.
Commitment: July – Sept. 2016
- Contracting with the NC DOI staff to plan and facilitate four meetings with the following stakeholder groups: Insurance industry, consumer and provider representatives
Wake County Human Services
Description: To facilitate the development of a Wake County Plan for a Health Community with the Population Health Task Force.
Commitment: May 2017-April 2018
Services: Facilitation of the Wake County Population Health Task Force.