Care Share has adopted a new vision and mission statement. Our new vision is “Communities are healthy and committed to health equity for all.” Our new mission is “Collaborating for health equity.” We have also updated our guiding values which now includes looking at our work through a lens of intersectionality.
The new strategic plan has two new priorities areas. We will Engage in Social Determinants of Health (SDH) to Promote Health Equity. Care Share will primarily engage in SDH by serving as a neutral convener to help state and local partners align with groups who have a focus on addressing SDH needs at the community or systems level, and help Collaborative Networks and models connect into existing or emerging initiatives. We will also share best/[promising practices emerging from the field.
Care Share will Optimize Opportunities through Health Reform. Care Share will serve as a resource and neutral convener around the coordination and delivery of care in changing systems associated with health reforms, and the issues and opportunities impacting underserved people to improve their health. Care Share will continue to serve as the backbone organization/fiscal home for NC Get Covered Coalition of 280 organizations leading the implementation of outreach, education and enrollment functions.
Our Core Work Continues
Care Share will continue to focus our work on Strengthening and Developing Collaborative Networks and Models. Care Share’s Technical Assistance (TA) team helps develop Collaborative Networks and Models that:
- Provide access to and coordinate healthcare and other resources for underserved people
- Implement promising practices for network development and operations
- Participate in shared learning via peer-to-peer opportunities.
- Leverage limited resources at state and local level
Care Share’s “strengthening” TA services for Collaborative Networks and models include the following:
- Collaboration Building/Neutral Conveners to create solutions
- Program design
- Leadership coaching for directors/coordinators and community leaders
- Facilitating peer-to-peer learning across networks, models and sectors
- Community Wide Planning and/or business plan development
- Collaborative funding proposal development across networks and sectors
Care Share will also continue to Diversify funding for Care Share, Collaborative Networks and Models. Care Share will diversify and expand funding by cultivating relationships with county, state, regional, and national funders, investors, partners and resources, and explore funding opportunities focused on the strategic plan and emerging opportunities that don’t have geographical restrictions. Care Share will continue to increase business opportunities for networks.
We are excited about our future work. We envision new partnerships and collectively moving the work forward to help create healthy, equitable communities!