- This event has passed.
2019 Rural Health Symposium
January 10 - January 11
Rural areas present a number of challenges for both providers and families in managing and accessing healthcare. This multidisciplinary conference focuses on innovative and collaborative efforts to provide better care to areas with limited resources, exploring community, business and leadership models. Upon completion of this knowledge-based program, the participant should be able to integrate new developments in the following areas of practice and rural healthcare.
1. Discuss rural health priorities, building leadership capacity, and promoting effective rural health initiatives in ENC
2. Examine how ENC communities are addressing common health challenges and health disparities related to the aging population, NC Colorectal Project, military and veterans’ health, mental health, oral health, school health, health literacy, and the impact of environmental health
3. Discuss workforce strategies to increase the number of healthcare professionals in ENC
4. Identify strategies to promote individual and community-wide resilience
5. Explore exemplary models of novel technologies to meet healthcare needs in rural communities
6. Discuss rural health policy and health disparities in rural America
7. Address strategies to improve disaster preparedness in rural communities