What is our purpose?
To connect, educate and support diverse organizations interested in or affected by Medicaid transformation in North Carolina
With the pending transition to Medicaid Managed Care from NC Medicaid’s current fee-for-service model, it is important for all North Carolinians – particularly Medicaid beneficiaries and community-based organizations that engage with them – to have the most current and accurate information about what is happening, an understanding of how Medicaid transformation may impact their communities, and opportunities to improve the system by sharing consumers’ thoughts, concerns and experiences.
What do we value?
- Community-driven Solutions
- Trust and Relationships
- Transparency and Accountability
- Shifting Power Dynamics
- Shared Leadership
What will you gain by being a part of this statewide effort?
- Accurate, up-to-date information related to Medicaid transformation
- A community of diverse organizations that are committed to improving the health of North Carolinians
How can you strengthen the work of the Collaborative and ensure its success?
- Be an active participant by regularly attending meetings in person or via teleconference. Members of the Collaborative will help to determine the frequency and duration of meetings as well as key topics of discussion.
- Ensure the bilateral transfer of information. Share with other Collaborative members what you are hearing from consumers about the effects of Medicaid transformation, and take information learned during Collaborative meetings back to your organization and the communities you serve.
- Serve as an ambassador by sharing the benefits of participating in the NC Collaborative on Medicaid Transformation with other organizations and inviting new stakeholders to the table.
Ready to get involved?
- August 14 at 10 am Elizabeth Edwards, Senior Attorney at the National Health Law Program will share research on what the transition to managed care has looked like in other states.
Healthcare Guidebook – Developed by Care Ring, this website has medicaid transformation resources.
Addressing Health Related Social Needs Among Medicaid Beneficiaries: Mapping Cross-Sector Partnership Roles – Developed by Center for Healthcare Strategies
Recent News Items
Ready to get involved?
Join the NC Medicaid Transformation Collaborative listserv at https://www.caresharehealth.org/medtransform/.
Attend our meetings. Visit https://www.caresharehealth.org/medtransform/ for dates, times and locations.
Email Linda Kinney at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.