November 15, 2021
NCDHHS has announced that Behavioral Health and Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) Tailored Plans will launch Dec. 1, 2022, instead of July 1, 2022. Individuals who need certain services to address a serious mental illness, serious emotional disturbance, severe substance use disorder, I/DD or TBI, may be eligible to enroll in a Behavioral Health I/DD Tailored Plan. This updated implementation schedule will provide NCDHHS and the Local Management Entities/Managed Care Organizations (LME/MCOs) with the additional time necessary to address the complexities of a high-quality system to care for and treat individuals with mental health and substance use disorders, I/DD and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
For more information, please see the Behavioral Health I/DD Tailored Plans: Updated Launch Fact Sheet
NC Collaborative on Medicaid Transformation
- Connect, educate and support diverse organizations interested in or affected by Medicaid Transformation in North Carolina.
- Elevate the community and consumer voice to improve Medicaid Transformation.
- Support the implementation of Medicaid Transformation.
- Leverage expertise within Medicaid Transformation efforts.
What will you gain by being a part of this statewide effort?
- Accurate, up-to-date information related to Medicaid transformation
- A community of diverse organizations that are committed to improving the health of North Carolinians.
Ready to get involved?
Next NC COMeT Meeting will be on Friday, May 13, 2022 – 10:00 am
- May 13, 2022 – Region 4 Health Equity Council – Roshunda Ivory, DrPH, CHES
- April 8, 2022 – Healthy Opportunities Pilot Overview – Access East
- March 11, 2022 – Healthy Opportunities Food Sector Overview – Cape Fear Morgan Cooper
- February 11, 2022 – Statewide Implementation of a Referral Coordination Network of Care in NC – NCCARE360
- January 14, 2022 – Healthy Opportunities Update – NC DHHS Amanda Van Vleet & Maria Ramirez Perez
- October 8, 2021 – Operating a SDOH response network without Medicaid funding
- September 10, 2021 – Medicaid Tailored Plans – Suzanne Thompson, NC DHHS
- August 13, 2021 – Healthy Opportunities Update
- July 9, 2021 – Checking in on Medicaid Transformation
- June 18, 2021 Preparing for Launch
- May 14, 2021 – Open Enrollment Ends – What’s Next?
- April 9, 2021 – Health Equity and Medicaid Transitions – Families USA
- March 12, 2021 Medicaid Transformation Partner Updates
- February 12, 2021 from 10:00-11:00 am – Healthy Opportunities Update – Amanda Van Vleet
- January 8, 2021 – NC Medicaid Transformation Update – Michael Leighs, NC DHHS
- November 13, 2020 – Can Implementing Medicaid Managed Care Address Health Disparities? – Urban Institute
- October 9, 2020 – NC Medicaid Transformation Restart
- September 11, 2020 – NC Integrated Care for Kids
- August 14, 2020 – NC COMeT – Lessons Learned from other States – National Health Law Program
- July 10, 2020 Session Law 2020-88 (also known as the Medicaid Funding Act or SB 808)
- June 8, 2020 – Status of Medicaid Managed Care in North Carolina with NC DHHS
NC DHHS Resources
Healthcare Guidebook – Developed by Care Ring, this website has medicaid transformation resources.
Addressing Health Related Social Needs Among Medicaid Beneficiaries: Mapping Cross-Sector Partnership Roles – Developed by Center for Healthcare Strategies
Upcoming Events › Medicaid Transform
NC COMeT will NOT meet on November 12 or December 10th. The 2022 schedule will be posted later this fall.
Recent News Items
Upcoming Webinars: November 2, 2020 & December 1, 2020 – Center for Healthy Communities, University of NC-Wilmington – Medicaid Transformation Webinar Series
Ready to get involved?
Join the NC Medicaid Transformation Collaborative listserv at https://www.caresharehealth.org/medtransform/.
Attend our meetings. Visit https://www.caresharehealth.org/medtransform/ for dates, times and locations.
Email Linda Kinney at email@example.com for more information.