Vision: The CapitalCare Collaborative (CCC) is a membership of safety net providers working collaboratively to develop initiatives to improve the health of the region’s medically underserved.
Mission: To increase access to appropriate levels of care for, and improve health outcomes of, the county’s indigent uninsured through collaboration and coordination.
Goals: The CCC’s goals are to:
- Increase access to medical care for the uninsured
- Improve quality of care
- Assess and respond to community health needs
- Increase access to primary care for uninsured individuals
- Increase access to specialty care for uninsured individuals
- Reduce ED visits.
- Assist with receipt of disability and/or Medicaid benefits for eligible but uninsured.
The CCC, a program of the Wake County Medical Society, was formed in April 2006. This collaborative allows CCC members to provide medical care in a coordinated fashion for the low-income community while facilitating ongoing communication, coordination of services, assessment of community health needs, identification of priorities, and initiation of working partnerships among providers.